Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dramaturg Presentation Groups

Below I have listed the groups for each play: each group will be responsible for researching, working together, and presenting the 'dramaturg' assignment during the last 2 weeks of class.  This is not meant to be a supremely time-consuming assignment, and ideally, you can all work together to lighten the load and work on different aspects of the assignment (which I will hand out tomorrow).  I will set up a post for each group on the blog so you can 'meet' each other, message one another, and post materials you feel will be helpful during the process.  ALSO--I changed Henry V (since no one voted for it) and replaced it with another comedy, Twelfth Night, which I think will be easier/more fun to research and present on.  It bears many similarities with As You Like It, which may also help you along. 

NOTE: One person in class does not have a group because they've only attended class 2 times, so I have to check on his/her status.  Also, in the event a student drops the class, I will work with you to make sure you can handle the workload.  If someone in your group is incommunicative or unhelpful in a serious way, please let me know...this is not meant to be a "one person does all the work while the rest of us take a nap" assignment. 

GROUP 1: THE TAMING OF THE SHREW
Lisa Edge, Teresa Burretta, Ashley Lynch, Ammi Ross

GROUP 2: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM
Felicia Doyle, Kelsey Jackson, Kim McCreery

GROUP 3: MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
Casey Fowler, Marc Runke, Macy McDonald

GROUP 4: TITUS ANDRONICUS
Molly Trimmer, Charlynn Estes, Jennifer Wingard

GROUP 5: MACBETH
Kaitlin Forest, Kelsea Rabe, Amber Huffman

GROUP 6: ROMEO AND JULIET
Tori Watson, Nikki Ennis, Jasmine Quinonez

GROUP 7: HAMLET
Kari Wheat, Kayci Snyder, Courtney White

GROUP 8: OTHELLO
Jessi Randall, Melissa Williams, Cayla Odom

GROUP 9: TWELFTH NIGHT
Janne Klassen, Robert Darling, Catherine Melton

Please let me know if you have any questions about this process after we discuss it on Friday.  I think you'll enjoy the assignment--though perhaps not as much as I'll enjoy hearing you present on them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project: due no later than December 6th!

English 3213: Shakespeare Final Project: Ten-Minute Shakespeare For your ‘final exam’ so to speak, I want you to take a cue from The Red...