Monday, February 10, 2014

Resources for The Taming of the Shrew Group


The Taming of the Shrew Group
(Lisa, Teresa, Ashley, Ammi)

Links to modern productions from MIT’s Global Shakespeare site:

Link to the full version of 10 Things I Hate About You, a high school comedy loosely modeled on The Taming of the Shrew: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsB51mFpqw

The Royal Shakespeare’s page on The Taming of the Shrew, including pictures, clips, and links to numerous productions, including the recent 2012 performance:

Share e-mail addresses on this site and other information as “comments,” and please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or concerns.  Good luck!

5 comments:

  1. The Taming of the Shrew Edited by Frances E. Dolan
    Act II Scene I Page 80 Lines 215-235

    Katharina: That I’ll try. -She strikes him-
    Petruchio: I swear I’ll cuff you if you strike again.
    Katharina: So may you lose your arms.
    If you strike me, you are no gentleman,
    And if no gentleman, why then no arms.
    Petruchio: A herald, Kate? O, put me in thy books!
    Katharina: What is your crest, a coxcomb?
    Petruchio: A combless cock, so Kate will be my hen.
    Katharina: No cock of mine. You crow too like a craven.
    Petruchio: Nay, come, Kate, come. You must not look so sour.
    Katharina: It is my fashion when I see a crab.
    Petruchio: Why, here’s no crab, and therefore look not sour.
    Katharina: There is, there is.
    Petruchio: Then show it me.
    Katharina: Had I a glass, I would.
    Petruchio: What, you mean my face?
    Katharina: Well aimed of such a young one.
    Petruchio: Now, by Saint George, I am too young for you.
    Katharina: Yet you are withered.
    Petruchio: ‘Tis with cares.
    Katharina: I care not.
    Petruchio: Nay, hear you, Kate. In sooth, you scape not so.
    Katharina: I chafe you if I tarry. Let me go.
    Petruchio: No, not a whit. I find you passing gentle.
    “Twas told me you were rough, and coy, and sullen,
    And now I find report a very liar,





    ReplyDelete
  2. Email for Lisa Edge: lismedg@email.ecok.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2012/jan/17/taming-of-the-shrew-rsc

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://dsq-sds.org/article/view/996/1180

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.humanities360.com/index.php/gender-relations-in-the-taming-of-the-shrew-52462/

    ReplyDelete

Final Project: due no later than December 6th!

English 3213: Shakespeare Final Project: Ten-Minute Shakespeare For your ‘final exam’ so to speak, I want you to take a cue from The Red...